Thursday, March 3, 2011

After waiting for six months, the City of Greater Bendigo acted on their commitment to upgrade the unmade path between my front gate and the lane leading to McIvor Road (which takes me to the bus stop from which wheelchair accessible buses can transport me into the city and various other locations around the area). In the photo on the left I am sitting at the point where the new path (very white) meets the old concrete lane (very dirty), meaning that I no longer have to traverse over rough territory (see both sides of new path) to gain access to the lane.

Other highlights of the first two months of this new year have been my Christmas in hospital (went in on Dec. 21 and came out three weeks later), which put paid to my plans of sharing the Season with my daughter and her family as well as with close friends. Since coming out I have been taking prescribed antibiotics to clear up the 'bug' and hope to come off those in another two weeks.

I have returned to doing my weekly community radio programme with Roberta (Bobbie) who did an excellent job filling in for me on her own while I was hospitalised. We also attended a fund-raiser for the radio station (Phoenix 106.7 FM) which took the part of a family movie night.

On February 6, we (my brother Geoff, together with our respective families and I) held a belated annual get-together tribute day known as "Harrymas" (after our late Dad, Harry), whose birthday would have been on Jan. 6. This is an annual family event where we celebrate the memory of his life with us. This was the first year we have held the event at the new home of my daughter/son-in-law (Leanne and Craig).

Finally, after more than 15 years of writing, re-writing, checking and re-checking, I have managed (with much help from my brother and several friends) to complete my autobiography. Watch this space for publishing details (when completed). There will be a celebratory launch date!





No comments: